‘Negligence’ by private hospital burns patient in Sopore, authorities say cautrize is the reason

VP Web Desk
19th February, 2017

In a shocking incident, a woman received severe burn injuries at Hakim Sanaullah Specialist Hospital & Cancer Center in Mazbugh Sopore, allegedly due to negligence of the hospital authorities. The victim Mehjabeen, 32, a resident of Wanigam, Pattan, was admitted in the nursing home by her husband three days back for a Gall bladder operation.

Mohammad Ashraf, the victims husband discovered it on Saturday night that her wife had received burn injuries on the body due to some heating appliance. Calling it negligence of doctors and theatre in-charge, he blamed hospital staff for keeping the heating blower close to patient, which severely burnt her belly.

“My wife had developed some complications regarding gallbladder. I took her to government run PHC Kreeri where a doctor suggested to undergo laparoscopic surgery at Hakim Sanuallah Hospital. After the surgery, my wife could not gain consciousness. The hospital staff attached a heating blower near the patient causing serious burn injuries to her abdomen and chest,” said Mohammad Ashraf.

What was more shocking and bitter was that the doctors attempted to hide the incident from the victim’s husband. It is yet to be seen what action hospital administration takes on such a serious matter.

A lawyer Mudasir Naqashbandi from Baramulla court whom the victim’s husband called after the incident, wrote on social networking site Facebook that a lady was admitted three days back for surgery of gallbladder at the Sonaullah Hospital Sopore but after being operated, the lady’s stomach was severely butnt by the hospital authorities with some heating appliance.

“Her husband contacted me at 11.30 Saturday night and conveyed the incident. I suggested him to lodge an FIR against hospital authorities at the concerned Police station,” the lawyer said.

While talking to The Varmul Post, Sopore police said that the victim has lodged the complaint at our Fruit mandi police post. we have taken up the case and investigation is going on.

Authorities at the hospital told The Varmul Post the injury has happened due to the cauterize treatment. The person who spoke on phone said that theatre incharge is in police station so can not give full details.